माता भूमि पुत्रोहं पृथिव्या (Mata Bhumi PutrohamPrithivyah) - The earth is my mother and I am her son. It is the well-cherished VedicSanskrit verse and is most appropriateguide for the world's struggle for energy demands. Traditionally in Vedic culture and in modern times in many countries cow-based energy sources were used to fulfill the energy demands. Since the past more than 3 centuries, human race has adopted energy sources based on fossil, which are on the edge of extinction, as well as producing consequences like global warming, irreversible damage to natural sources like sea etc. These consequences are challengingexistence of mankind. Biogas energy and biomass are the traditional and natural energy sources. The present article highlights such sustainable emerging sources. Technological advancement in biogas energy, hydrogen from biogas and other sources, geothermal energy, and biomass have made significant technological advancement and emerging as alternative energy sources to which present scientific and governmental bodies are looking into it to curb the energy challenges.
2. Kumar S, Bhattacharyya B, Gupta VK. Present and Future Energy Scenario in India. J Inst Eng India Ser B 2014;95:247–54. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40031-014-0099-7
3.Country Analysis Executive Summary: India. International - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA). [internet]. Last updated: September 30, 2020. Retrieved from:
4. Rebecca Lindsey and LuAnn Dahlman. Climate Change: Global Temperature | NOAA Climate.gov
[internet] August 14, 2020.Retrieved from https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/climate-change-global-temperature#:~:text=According%20to%20the%20NOAA%202019,more%20than%20twice%20as%20great
5. Basic Information about Landfill Gas | US EPA. December 2020. Retrieved from https://www.epa.gov/lmop/basic-information-about-landfill-gas
6. Renewable Natural Gas | US EPA. December 2020. Retrieved from https://www.epa.gov/lmop/renewable-natural-gas
7.HYDROGEN STRATEGY FOR CANADA: Seizing the Opportunities for Hydrogen - A Call to Action. Natural Resources Canada, Government of Canada. December, 2020
8. Geothermal Energy | A Student's Guide to Global Climate Change | US EPA. December 2020. Retrieved from: https://archive.epa.gov/climatechange/kids/solutions/technologies/geothermal.html
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Copyright (c) 2021 Ketan Doshi