The COVID19 pandemic impact made a major revision in development thinking that is presenting fundamental challenge to the conventional consensus on economic development. The Indian rural economy is the great economic philosophy which involves economic and social values in itself. The basic model of such economy has several features which makes it self-dependent, the same model had motivated the Indian freedom revolution towards the swadeshi, indigenousness, with the icon of charkha, unified the whole country against foreign economic dominance and later to the freedom. Rural economy serves as the backbone and basic line of evolution of economy. It represents the single working unit with all the functions of economy. In post COVID19 era, need of self-reliance and sustainable economy, could be addressed through rural economical model existed in India since centuries.
2. Special Focus: Inequality in Emerging Economies (EEs). OECD. 2011. Available from: https://www.oecd.org/els/soc/49170475.pdf
3. Peterson ozili and ThankonArun. (2020), Spillover of COVID-19: impact on the Global Economy. SSRN Electronic Journal. DOI: 10.2139/ssrn.3562570
4. The Economic Times. Covid-19 presents an opportunity to craft a new economic model, bridge rural-urban divide. Available from: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/small-biz/startups/newsbuzz/covid-19-presents-an-opportunity-to-craft-a-new-economic-model-bridge-rural-urban-divide/articleshow/75370232.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst (Accessed on 20th June 2020)
5. Pandya P., Aa raha hain aarthik Samta Ka Yug (The era of financial equality Is coming). Akhand Jyoti Magazine. 2011;72(11):32. Available from http://literature.awgp.org/akhandjyoti/2011/September/v1.30
6. Pandya P., Arthik Tantra and Paryavaran Ko Vikas Hetu Milkar Chalana Hoga (Economy and Environment has to walk to gather). Akhand Jyoti Magazine. 2004;64(11):29. Available from http://literature.awgp.org/akhandjyoti/2004/September/v1.29
7. Pandya P., Swavlamban Shiksha Ki Anivarya Sharat Bane (Skill-entrepreneurship shall become integral part of education). Akhand Jyoti Magazine. 1998;58(6):10. Available from http://literature.awgp.org/akhandjyoti/1998/June/v1.10
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.